SIEMENS DICOMS

Home > Forums > jMRUI Software > General support > SIEMENS DICOMS

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany Bell
    Participant

I am unable to load Siemens DICOMS with jMRUI, even if I select open as Siemens DICOM. I just get an error message saying file:null. I had this problem with the previous version of jMRUI. I managed to get around it by using RDA files however I would like to use the DICOM water reference definer. When I try to mount a folder of DICOM files, the folder will mount but I cannot see the DICOM files.

I want to use the water reference definer to get a value for my water peak. If I cannot use the DICOMs, is there another way I can get this value?

Thanks
    Tiffany Bell

Doctoral Researcher

Centre for Integrative Neuroscience and Neurodynamics
    School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences
    University of Reading

Bernhard Neumayer
    Participant

Dear Tiffany,

is this still an open problem? I had the same problem and there are two ways to solve it:
    For version 5.1 I got an update from the support team which did not have this problem (I can send it to you, if you want).
    The easier way, however, is to install version 5.2; the problem seems to be solved for this update.

Regards,
    Bernhard

Bernhard Neumayer
    Medical University of Graz
    Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Clinical Forensic Imaging

Tiffany Bell
    Participant

Hi Bernhard

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the new version and I still seem to have this problem. Strange that you had it for 5.1 but not 5.2 and I have it for both. If you could send me the update, I would be grateful. Though I guess it may not help if version 5.2 didn’t work. My address is

Many Thanks
    Tiffany

Bernhard Neumayer
    Participant

Hi Tiffany,

today tried to load DICOMS on a new installation of jMRUI 5.2 on a colleague’s PC and it did not work either. I am not sure what I did to get it to work and will tell you as soon as I find out.
    I solved the problem by simply copying my folder to the other PC and everything works fine now. I will send you a copy of the folder and hope it works.
    It may, however, be necessary to change the java path in
    jmrui.bat and
    jmruicl.bat.
    It is on the first line in both files:
    set javaFile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\java"
    So if you have a different version you will have to change it.

Regards,
    Bernhard

Bernhard Neumayer

Eren Can Kizildag
    Participant

Hi Berhnhard,

My colleagues and I are having the same problem that is described here when we are trying to load a 4D (x,y,z,f) CSI data set that we acquired on a Siemens scanner. We have been able to load the rda data, but the lack of spatial data makes it hard to select the voxels we are interested in. Sadly the open as Siemens Dicom tool is giving us the file:null error that Tiffany described here. Can you help?

Thank you,

Eren.

Bernhard Neumayer
    Participant

Hi Eren,

I am not sure if I can help but I can also offer you to send you my installation of jMRUI. I did not get feedback from Tiffany if it helped but I guess it is worth a try.
    If you give me an email address I can send you a link.

Bernhard

Bernhard Neumayer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.