Initial setup of jMRUI

Home > Forums > jMRUI Software > General support > Initial setup of jMRUI

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gerald Mullins
    Participant

Hi, I’ve fjnally gotten around to re-installing jMRUI on a windows computer and have started to re-acquaint myself with the software. One thing I would like to know is how do I go about increasing the memory assigned to jMRUI. I have 16 GB here waiting to be used, and it seems a shame to be limited to 748mb for jMRUI. I have already tried editing the jmruicl.bat file but I only seem able to allocate 1028mb that way, but I get an error message:

\\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2>set javaFile=”C:\Prog
    ram Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java

\\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2>cd /d \\fs-home-n\hom
    e-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2\
    ‘\\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2\’
    CMD does not support UNC paths as current directories.

\\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2>set path=C:\ProgramDa
    ta\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;
    \\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2\lib

\\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2>”C:\Program Files (x8
    6)\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java -Xss2m -Xmx768m -Djava.library.path=lib -jar lib/mr
    ui.jar
    The system cannot find the path specified.

\\fs-home-n\home-016\pss623\Windows_Data\Desktop\jmrui-5.2>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .

Is there another method I can use to increase the ram allocated to jMRUI? or Is this an issue with my java setup?

Any help appreciated.

Paul Gerald Mullins
    Bangor University

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.