External AMARES call is not terminated correctly

Home > Forums > jMRUI Software > Bug reports > External AMARES call is not terminated correctly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard Neumayer
    Participant

This is actually a minor issue. When externally calling an AMARES fit by e.g.:
    start C:/<jmrui path>/jmruicl -b <batch file> -d <destination for results> -s <file 1> <file 2>
    a fit will be started in a new command line window and at the end it will look like this:
    > AMARES <file name>.sv <file name>.pk <file name>.batch.op... Done!

At this point the result files are in the destination folder but the command window is not closed because AMARES is not terminated.
    Please note that I have already removed the ‘pause’ at the end of jmruicl.bat. I does not make a difference because that line is not reached (meaning it will look the same with and without the pause in the batch file).
    For me this was a problem because for my complete data set I have to make more than 100 calls and then windows tends to get into troubles with all those active windows.

My solution for now is, that I start each call in a new window, store the handle to that window and as soon as the size of the result file does not change anymore I close the window, so I am fine. But maybe this can be fixed in a future release.

Best regards,
    Bernhard

Bernhard Neumayer
    Medical University of Graz
    Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Clinical Forensic Imaging

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.