changing the filename of mrui format save

Home > Forums > jMRUI Software > Bug reports > changing the filename of mrui format save

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Jana.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Ouwerkerk
    Participant

I am using jMRUI 6.0beta build 170208. If I have a spectrum file open and I save it from the file menu save or Crtl-S the name is changed because any period in the filename is seen as the start of the file extension.
    There is no good method to store data acquisition parameters such as TR and TE in the signal information and get them included in the results output (.html or .txt). Therefore I include this in the filename e.g XXXXX_NoWSTR3500TE24.5_16ave.mrui. Upon file save this is reduced to XXXXX_NoWSTR3500TE24.mrui. This creates confusion because it looks like I saved preprocessing results under the longer file name, but it is hidden in this new filename that I did not choose. I am forced to use save as mrui and copy the filename to the clipboard for quick later saves.

I also save copies of the files with information about processing in the filename e.g.: XXXXX_NoWSTR3500TE24.5_16aveHSVD.mrui once I filtered residual water.
    After a save-as the filename in the spectrum display window header is not updated. Does this mean the next Ctrl-S save is still under the original filename? This original filename is included in the HTML format and my altered filename is not.

Ronald Ouwerkerk
    National Institutes of Health (NIH)

Jana

Hi Ronald,

for now a quick remedy for the first problem:
    in case there is any period in a filename add the additional period in the end of the filename
    i.e.
    XXXXX_NoWSTR3500TE24.5_16ave.
    instead of
    XXXXX_NoWSTR3500TE24.5_16ave

<<<< After a save-as the filename in the spectrum display window header is not updated. Does this mean the next Ctrl-S save is still under the original filename? No, Ctrl-S will save the updated data under the new filename. Only the name in the window is not updated (we will fix this) <<<

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.